[hpsdr] Updating Mercury to v2.4 on Vista? (Ozy, USB-blaster probs)

Lars E. Pettersson lars at homer.se
Sun Jan 25 00:54:19 PST 2009

I have problems updating the Mercury code, or to be more precise, to
update the code in Ozy for it to become an Altera USB-blaster.

When running usbblaster.bat I get several errors indicating "error
writing to protected memory" (quick translation from swedish into
english). This is when running upload_fpgaV1.1.exe and
load_firmwareV1.1.exe.

Once, I seem to got something right, I was asked to install the
USB-blaster drivers, did so, and saw USB-blaster in the device manager.
But after having put the Mercury card back to Atlas, and re-powered it,
USB-blaster was gone.

I am trying to do this on a Vista machine. Have others had problems
doing this with Vista? (32-bit Vista)

73 de Lars, sm6rpz