[hpsdr] status hpSDR mic level

a.groff k0vm at mchsi.com
Mon Jan 26 06:24:58 PST 2009

It looks to me like the TX mic level meter in PSDR is not operation
correctly...
Operating in the linear range, with processing off, a 10db change in mic
input level, will cause a 10db change on the TX panadapter and external
power output but only a 3db change on the mic TX meter....
The MIC TX meter in the HPSDR version of PSDR seems to be scaled
differently than the current Flex versions.

Pentalope itself appears to be fine...

Al, K0VM

 > Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 13:10:24 +0100
 > From: hartfuss <hartfuss at ipp.mpg.de>
 > Subject: Re: [hpsdr] status hpSDR
 > To: Phil Harman <phil at pharman.org>
 > Cc: hpsdr at hpsdr.org
 >
 > Phil,
 > Yes, automatic calibration works fine now; nevertheless, I would like
to do it manually changing the correction factor myself.
 > Concerning the noise issue. With HC5 at the Penelope microphone jack
I use Mic Gain of 25 to 30 to get in the TX Meter Mic a 0 dB reading
when speaking. Panadapter then shows a noise level of about -50 dBm/bin
which is comparable with what I get with the FLEX.
 > However, with Penelope the TX Meter Mic then shows -15 to -10 instead
of < -30 in case of the FLEX. I will do spectral output power density
measurements in the next days.