[hpsdr] Debugging Atlas

Neal Campbell nealk3nc at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 13:10:57 PST 2009

Hi all

I have built what is my 5th Atlas board and I just cannot find what is
wrong with it. If I do the continuity checks between ground and the
+/- voltage outlets, it tests just fine. I have Tapr-built boards
which also test as having no shorts between ground and the various
feed voltages. Yet if I plug in the Janus card into any Atlas slot and
apply power, it immediately shorts and blows the internal fuse of the
power supply. I have tried 2 power supplies so I am sure its not in
the power supply.

Any guidance on where to look for problems? I have reviewed/resoldered
everything under my microscope and it all looks proper!

Thanks

Neal Campbell
Abroham Neal Software
Programming Services for Windows, OS X and Linux
www.abrohamnealsoftware.com
(540) 242 0911