[hpsdr] TS-B2000 vs Mercury

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Sat Jan 3 19:55:34 PST 2009

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the recording and Mercury sure sounds nice. One suggestion, to my ear it sounds like you have the AGC threshold set too low. How I  normally run PowerSDR is to find a spot on the band where there is just noise and then increase the AGC-T control from a  low value until the band noise does not increase any more.  Back the control off just a little and that way the AGC is not acting on noise.

I think there is a bug in the AGC code that I need to talk to Bob N4HY about since if you set the AGC-T control too high then weak signals actually distort.

73's Phil...VK6APH