[hpsdr] initozy PIPED

Hulen Smith clay1952 at cmaaccess.com
Tue Jan 6 15:25:38 PST 2009

Bill,

The problem was usbio drivers. It works fine on my company laptop and so
that told me I needed to uninstall the drivers and start over on my "radio
computer". I did, to no avail and then I remembered that I had an extra
3-port USB-2 driver in the computer and I switched ports over to that. That
didn't work. By this time I'm really wondering what's going on. Once again I
unistalled the drivers and attempted once again. You guessed it. There's JOY
at the K5HCS HPSDR tabletop.

Many thanks to all who contributed. Please forgive me if I was short with
anyone in my emails. I was looking for more detailed information about the
hardware. Many told me what you knew and that got me closer but Bill when
you said that you expected D1 to stay on once the "Start" button was
activated then ding ding. I knew then I needed to try another computer. YES
I admit that ding ding should have come earlier with the help I was getting
from the "First" teer troubleshooters but alas I'm faltering in my late
fifties.

This Mercury seems to be HOT in the front end but I'll put the IFR on it and
check it out. I suspect a good level calibration is in order. Penelope is
next. Hope I didn't wear those out that lended a helping hand. This thing
will be loads of fun. Many thanks also to the gurus and engineers in the TOP
teer who made all this possible. We all haven't paid as much attention to
what's been going on but now that we have enough cards to see some data and
hear some signals, I suspect you all have now the attention of the rest of
us!! Congradulations on a project well done to date and I'm sure we all look
forward to the continuation of what's to come.

Best Regards HPSDR Group
Hulen
K5HCS