[hpsdr] Mercury and multiple Receivers

Bob McGwier rwmcgwier at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 12:49:50 PST 2009

The new erlang based VR kernel will be able to set up and control multiple
instances of the PFB attached to the N (up to 7) streams.  The PFB code will
be available in DttSP found under

https://www.cgran.org/wiki/DttSP  and http://gnuradio.org/trac  first just
as the VR kernel is found in the former now in the a2kt branch.  PowerSDR
will not be appropriate for 2800 receivers!  But, frankly, what will?  We
are entering brave new world universe here.  I am certain the GUI mavens
will have a great time with this.  We have working code running a button
push GUI in a browser using GWT to compile the java into javascript which is
then issued by an html server  to your brower and run.  Frank has a working
demo in his stuff in the cgran branch where he wrote javascript directly to
control a tone generator in gnuradio through the VR kernel.  Bob Tracy has
written the GWT button push code which is a little easier to deal with than
the simple javascript code.

Things are coming along and once we figure out jointly the initial goal,
something useful will be released so we can all go experiment again with
packaging this all up.

Bob

ARRL SDR Working Group Chair

NJQRP, QRP ARCI, QCWA, FRC.

"And yes I said, yes I will Yes", Molly Bloom