[hpsdr] Mercury Questions

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Sun Jan 11 18:10:25 PST 2009

Hi George

> My questions at this point are:
>
> (1) The firmware upgrade instructions say that after a successful
> load the two right-hand lights
> on Mercury should be flashing.  Although I am getting all good
> messages from the usb-blaster
> program, the only red light lit is the left-most one (the four green
> lights are on).

The left-most LED is Power so that is OK. The fact that the right hand
LEDs are not flashing indicates that the Mercury FPGA has not loaded
from the flash memory correctly.

I'd try re-loading the Mercury code using V2.4 - if there are no error
messages when you load the code then it indicates that the flash has
updated OK. If you still have no LEDs flashing then it does look like a
Mercury board problem.

Once you reload the flash plug just the Mercury board into Atlas and
check the LEDs flash - that will eliminate any issues from other boards.

73's Phil...VK6APH