[hpsdr] Vista: cup now full! (was Re: vista: cup half full)

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Sun Jan 11 20:24:51 PST 2009

Ken,

You got me thinking with your statement that PowerSDR runs fine once
we get the hardware initialized.  All of the libusb stuff from
PowerSDR proper is done in native code, while the device loading
routines are C# thru an adapter layer.   As it turns out there's a
Linux version of the loader routines that are native code -- build
'em on Windows and what do you know, I can now init Ozy!!

So for those wanting to get Vista32 working
grab  http://tracey.org/wjt/hpsdr/temp/initvista.zip and unzip it to
your PowerSDR  directory.  Then rename these files in the PowerSDR dir:

         rename initozy11.bat ---> initozy11.bat.hidden
         rename initozy-vista.bat  ---> initiozy11.bat

You should now be able to run PowerSDR and Ozy FX2 and FPGA loading
should work.

This works on my Vista32 machine, will be interested to hear how it
does for other Vista32 folks.  If this works for other Vista folks
I'll pull this loading method into the mainline package.

Cheers,

Bill (kd5tfd)