[hpsdr] USB Blaster Mode

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Sun Jan 11 20:53:17 PST 2009

At the risk of leaving someone out, there's a fair number of people
responsible for the OzyBlaster code.

The original author of the FX2 code is  Kolja
Waschk  (http://www.ixo.de/info/usb_jtag/).  The FPGA4fun guys got it
working on their boards
(http://www.fpga4fun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=483) so Phil Harman go
interested in seeing if we could adapt it to the HPSDR
boards.   Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan  (VU3RDD) took on this work and
with a little bit of help from me got it working on Ozy.   Phil H
then searched far and wide for light weight programming tools so it
could be done from a batch file.

Pretty neat - and all made possible by open source software.  If
Kolja had done his original work closed source we'd not have been
able to use his code and we all might be buying USB Blasters!

Cheers,

Bill (kd5tfd)