[hpsdr] USB Blaster Mode

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Sun Jan 11 21:31:15 PST 2009

Hi Doug,

Yes, the 'make the FX2 look like an Altera USBblaster' is a neat trick!

Just one point. The README file asks you to install the Altera
Programmer code which is an 80MB down load rather than the 1GB of
Quartus II.

As you correctly point out this is installed in a different directly
than Quartus and hence the bat file fails.

I used the smaller download to make it a) consistent and b) a smaller
download. I also expected (correctly it would seem :) that anyone with
Quartus II already loaded would know how to modify the bat file.

Of course if you would like to modify the bat file to prompt the uses
as to which programmer code he would like to use..........

As mentioned previously this is an interim step to fully automatic
load 80MB of data, which becomes 350+ MB when installed to use a few kB
command line program. The 20+ dlls that are installed I guess are the
reason we have to do this.

If anyone knows of a more efficient way of doing this then please share
it with the group.

73's Phil..VK6APH