[hpsdr] Persistent PowerSDR error window fixed!

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Mon Jan 12 19:00:41 PST 2009

Bill,

Your suggestion below to the Vista folks about reloading .NET
FRAMEWORK 1.1 also fixes a non-Vista-related problem that has been
plaguing me (and others too!) of late, even though we haven't
mentioned the problem on the reflector yet.  Namely, the problem is
that after first installing USB drivers (Win XP x64 drivers in my
case) and getting PowerSDR up and running with no problems for many
days one day, out of the blue I began getting a

"PowerSDR has encountered a problem and must close"

error window every time I would run PowerSDR.exe!  Closing that error
window closed PowerSDR immediately but the window could be moved to a
corner of the screen (or anywhere else) out of the way without closing
it and PowerSDR would apparently function quite normally with the
blasted error window still on the screen.

Reloading .NET 1.1 as you suggest below CURES that annoying issue with
the error window and now everything is back where it should be.  Now
no error window comes up when PowerSDR.exe is run.

Thank you, Bill, for that suggestion, even though you weren't
addressing the particular problem I detailed above!!  That'll fix up
several of us now and now we know how to cure the problem if it ever
rears its ugly head again!   You're getting good, OM, fixing problems
that we haven't even formally complained about yet, hihi!   Way to go!

73,  Joe K5SO