[hpsdr] Commercial availability of Penelope & Updates to Hamsdr Interest List!

Eric Ellison ecellison at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 03:07:44 PST 2009

Graham/All

Thanks. Here is an update to the TAPR-HPSDR Expression of Interest Page on
Hamsdr.

LPU:

I had asked Dale to create a column for the probable availability of The LPU
linear power supply on Saturday night but did not get the information posted
in the header, until last night. It is there now with proposed pricing for a
Kit of parts. Obviously, many of you saw this and expressed your interest
without any details. This is still not a FINAL commitment to TAPR or a
commitment on anyone's part to buy. However, the alpha testers are in final
evaluation and results look good. The TAPR board has discussed the offering
and created details. Please re-visit the Interest list and check the
proposed pricing, which might affect your quantity.

Alex:

Alex production for the Receive & Transmit boards, and enclosure, has been
approved by the TAPR BOD for some time and remains on the interest list.
Please check the HPSDR Website and Wiki for details.  The offering of these
HPSDR project boards are currently under discussion by the TAPR BOD as to
quantities and pricing. If you have not already expressed your interest in
these offerings, please do so. Details should be available soon, and I would
expect that we will follow the procedure established before, where the
columns are cleared, proposed pricing is posted, and you 'renew' your
interest so TAPR can determine final build quantities and price.

Penelope:

I requested Dale to recreate the Penelope interest column about 2 months ago
to assess the interest in a possible second build of Penelope, and posted it
on the reflector. This should enable a person or organization to gain some
insight as to the potential quantity, and costs associated with a build.
Obviously this would be a lower volume offering and higher price. I am
currently not aware of any commitment to build or sell additional assembled
and tested Penelope boards, however, I would urge you to express your
interest, for someone to determine if they would be interested in production
or sale. I would be glad to provide this interest list information with
anyone who might have an interest in a future build of Penelope. The summary
numbers do appear at the top of the column.

Sorry for the delay on the LPU information! My Fault!

Thanks All GREAT PROJECTS!
Eric - AA4SW