[hpsdr] Real 2.4

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 12 16:44:40 PST 2009

Hi Everyone,
I reloaded 2.4 and now get overload RED at around -12 dBM. Didn't check with attenuator switched in because of the bad relay. TAPR has one in the mail to me.
I checked phase noise again at -15 dBM input. Looks quite good. At 20 KHz out the noise floor is up 5 dB, At 50 KHz out 5 dB and at 100 KHz out noise up 3 dB. The noise floor is at around -136 dBM on the display.
 I have a long coax run to the generator so may need some RG223 or RG400. MDS at 5 MHz 500 Hz BW about -140 dBM. I need to adapt one of the audio connectors to my RMS meter for better results.
Still have the Racal VXO reference that has some noise. Just wanted to change one thing at a time. Phase noise going through -100 dBc at 400 hz on a 500 hz filter. I can see noise sidebands on the display from the reference.
Dry in the shack, so far I remember to put the ESD strap on. frank WA1GFZ