[hpsdr] Mercury V2.4

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Tue Jan 13 08:07:50 PST 2009

Joe,

That's interesting.  My Mercury V2.4 seems to work just fine here;
I've had it running for hours at a time without a single hitch.  Also,
I don't see any board position dependencies here at all.  I keep
expecting to see some though based on the postings I've seen but so
far I seem to be able to put anything anywhere on my Atlas board.  I
wonder if some of the differences seen on different board sets are due
to differences in the details of the component placements and
soldering (especially soldering on the J1-J6 jack pins) on Atlas by
different folks(?).  Maybe I gobbed my Atlas solder job up just right
so that I serendipitously get beneficial cancellations on the bus(?).

For the record, Mercury's latest ADC overload function seems to work
as advertised here; comes on with a -12dBm input signal.

I'm still looking for quirks though; maybe there are some I've not
stubbled across yet, who knows.

73,  Joe K5SO