[hpsdr] Static

Jim Keeth af9a at arrl.net
Tue Jan 13 18:04:06 PST 2009

Recently I changed a Cypress USB IC, which had failed for no apparent
reason on an Ozy board, for a friend.  ESD?  Maybe.   There is no ESD
protection on the USB lines except what is in the IC.  The IC data
sheet states >2000 V which isn't much in terms of static discharge.

BE CAREFUL WHEN PLUGGING IN THE USB CABLE!

73,
Jim AF9A