[hpsdr] LTC 2208 A/D Thermal Characteristics

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 08:34:06 PST 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 11:17 AM, Scott Cowling <scotty at tonks.com> wrote:
> Phil, if you choose to oversimplify grounding and thermal tradeoffs and call
> it "nonsense", feel free to do so (I oversimplified it too). My experience,
> on the other hand, tells me otherwise.

I agree that *you* have over simplified the grounding and thermal
trade off issues.  Your implication that I have over simplified the
grounding and thermal trade off issues is total nonsense on your part
as evidenced by the successful QS1R design.  I took those issues very
seriously and that is why the LTC2208 runs ~20 C cooler on QS1R.  It
appears that less thought went into the Mercury PCB design.

Was any testing done in manufacturing to document a range of normal
temperature values for the Mercury's LTC2208?

Phil N8VB