[hpsdr] Mercury arrived

Chris Smith chris at vspl.co.uk
Sat Jan 17 07:38:54 PST 2009

Hi Roger

That's not good. I wondered if the $362 was the non-member price but
that is $366. I wonder why it had been 'corrected' upwards and by whom?

I still don't understand the imposition of VAT on shipping especially
if the package comes from outside the EU.

I'm afraid I have no idea what the rules are but I believe (without
any conviction!) that kits are VAT exempt simply on the strength of
one item I bought from Australia about 3 years ago where the seller
put words to the effect 'electronic kit for educational purposes' on
the customs declaration.

Chris G4NUX