[hpsdr] OK you smart guys

Terry Fox tfox at knology.net
Sun Jan 18 09:41:05 PST 2009

  -----Original Message-----
  From: hpsdr-bounces at lists.hpsdr.org
[mailto:hpsdr-bounces at lists.hpsdr.org]On Behalf Of FRANCIS CARCIA
  Sent: Sunday, January 18, 2009 9:20 AM
  To: hpsdr at lists.hpsdr.org
  Subject: [hpsdr] OK you smart guys

        I wonder if HPSDR has the horsepower to be a spectrum analyzer with
Mercury making the display and Penny acting like a tracking generator? I
just had to sweep a couple crystal filters for someone that got me thinking
how easy it could have been. I wonder if a board with directional couplers
could put Janus back to work? Frank

Frank:
Check out the Cyclops page on HPSDR.  I believe it started as a variant of
the Scotty's Spectrum Analyzer, with Mercury as the backend.  Kind of
expensive, but a great way to get better resolutions, etc.
Terry
WB4JFI