[hpsdr] No smoke! (but distorted audio)

Paul Beckmann wa0rse at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 08:27:43 PST 2009

Thanks, Graham.

It's likely not the computer performance. I'm running a new ATOM box that,
with the SDR-1K, runs at 16-25% processor utilization. I just upgraded from
an under-powered computer so I know that that crud sounds like and this
isn't it. It is 'roughness' in the audio but no background buzz or noise
that is unusual with no signal tuned in.

Just running Ozy and Mercury at this time so I'll try putting them in
adjacent slots.

The setup for clock sources is as you say. I'll check again to make sure I
didn't take out J8 on the Mercury board. I have not upgraded any firmware on
either Ozy or Mercury. I don't own any special blaster hardware but will
look at the svn repository readme when I return home.

I'll also look at the signal level calibration tonight.

Thanks for your thoughts.

73
--Paul, wa0rse