[hpsdr] Updating Mercury to v2.4 on Vista? (Ozy, USB-blaster probs)

Lars E. Pettersson lars at homer.se
Sun Jan 25 03:06:50 PST 2009

Lars E. Pettersson skrev:
> I have problems updating the Mercury code, or to be more precise, to
> update the code in Ozy for it to become an Altera USB-blaster.

I solved it!

I realized that I made a change to PowerSDR to make it initialize Ozy
using Vista. I used the code that Bill Tracey provided at
http://tracey.org/wjt/hpsdr/temp/initvista.zip (see message from Bill on
Jan 12).

I looked at the .bat-files used in Bill's initvista package, and then
moved loadFPGA.exe and loadFW.exe into the same directory that contains
the code to update Mercury. I then changed all calls to
load_firmwareV1.1.exe into loadFW.exe, and all calls to
upload_fpgaV1.1.exe into loadFPGA.exe in usbblaster.bat, and
Program-Mercury-EPCS16.bat.

After doing that, I could update the Mercury code.

Running it now, and it seems to work OK.

73 de Lars, sm6rpz