[hpsdr] status hpSDR

hartfuss hartfuss at ipp.mpg.de
Sun Jan 25 04:10:24 PST 2009

Phil,
Yes, automatic calibration works fine now; nevertheless, I would like to
do it manually changing the correction factor myself.
Concerning the noise issue. With HC5 at the Penelope microphone jack I
use Mic Gain of 25 to 30 to get in the TX Meter Mic a 0 dB reading when
speaking. Panadapter then shows a noise level of about -50 dBm/bin which
is comparable with what I get with the FLEX.
However, with Penelope the TX Meter Mic then shows -15 to -10 instead of
< -30 in case of the FLEX. I will do spectral output power density
measurements in the next days.
Thanks and greetings, Hans, DL2MDQ.

Phil Harman schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> For now use Penny clocks when you use both Penny and Mercury - we will
> have a fix for this shortly.
>
> We are also looking at the microphone noise issue - this seems to be a
> PowerSDR problem and not HPSDR.
>
> Frequency calibration works fine in the latest version of PowerSDR from
>
> <
> svn://206.216.146.154/svn/repos_sdr_windows/PowerSDR/branches/kd5tfd/PennyMerge/bin/Release
>  >

> Please also load Mercury V2.4 since it is the most stable version.
>
> 73's Phil... VK6APH
>
> > Dear Phil, Klaus,
> I am happy to report that I will probably be QRV with Mercury, Penelope this weekend. Last night I succeded in finding Atlas positions where both Mercury and Penelope work (RX/TX PTT all fine), however only in case Penelope is selected as the clock source for both 10 and 122.88 MHz. Mercury OR Penelope work alone on Atlas even with Pinocchio included (firmware v1.1).
> I confirm the noise level problem during TX, Klaus already reported (if I understood him correctly); I will do more detailed measurements on Monday in the context of IMD measurements when the driver stage (max 10W from 2x RD16HHF1) I am going to build today is ready.
> Another point: I am not able to calibrate the frequency manually. Is there an Expert button I overlooked?  Manual calibration using an AM broadcast station with DSB and Scope Modes selected allows for more accurate calibration.

I am using what I thought is the latest
SVN 2616, labelled (KD5TFD 10Jan2009)FlexRadio Systems PowerSDR v1.10.4
+ Base SVN 2025. I will keep you informed.
Thanks and best 73s, Hans, DL2MDQ.