[hpsdr] SMD rework advise needed, Ozy BOM

Rob Frohne rob.frohne at wallawalla.edu
Wed Jan 28 10:15:20 PST 2009

Hi Tim,

Scotty is supposed to come out with BOMs for all the boards that TAPR
produced. We need to be patient, and it is hard. :-) I suggest you have
a look at the sites describing using a toaster oven for surface mount
soldering. Also, the solder paste works best when it is fairly new, so
don't stock up big time, and it may be best to keep it in the freezer
for storage. Here we have an LPKF circuit board engraver, and I plan to
use it to make solder stencils for my boards. With those it is much
faster to build the boards. It is amazing how when you are soldering on
a board with solder mask, the solder paste as it melts flows to the pads
and parts where it is supposed to go. You have to be careful not to get
too much paste on the board.

Maybe Scotty will give us an update on his progress sometime.

73,

Rob, KL7NA