[hpsdr] KK special squelch

lstoskopf at cox.net lstoskopf at cox.net
Sat Jul 18 15:08:19 PDT 2009

Have been using KK 1.0.3 to monitor 6M for a while.  The E opening have been pretty dramatic at times.  It would be of great value to have some way to pick some overall threshold from the Spectrum that would trigger the squelch.  For instance, the band is not open now.  My noise floor jitter is from -130 to -140 dBm.  I have some signals at 50.044, 50.105, 50.165 at -120 dbm  (probably shack generated)  and some wideband noise groups below that.  I'm looking at the band from 50.000 to 50.180.  Would be nice if I could just open the squelch at some overall signal level.  Just now I see four CW characters at about 50.098 on the waterfall.  Probably a meteor burst.  Not everyone calls on the calling freq so traditional squelch doesn't do much.

N0UU