[hpsdr] KK Kuestion

Mark Amos mark at amos-family.com
Fri Jul 31 09:43:15 PDT 2009

All,

I'm working on a little change in the W8XR branch and am looking for some
advice.

I've added code to change the CW Pitch.  I added an entry in kk.csv and the
program correctly picks this up out of the database, sets the initial value
of a control on the main form called Set_CWPitch and saves it back to the
.csv when I close the app.

When I change the Set_CWPitch up/down control, and make a small change to
the bandwidth control, the filter moves to the intended new center
frequency.  However, I'd like to have the bandwidth update when I change the
CWPitch control.

To try to make this happen, I call AdjustFilterByMode() in the
Set_CWPitch_SelectedIndexChanged method for the control.  This doesn't work
and I'm wondering why.  (i.e. I expect that call to AdjustFilterByMode() to
cause the filter center frequency, but nothing seems to happen until I touch
the bandwidth control and give it a nudge - then the center frequency
changes, the filter shown on the spectrum updates, etc.)

I know this is a silly little change and it should be easy, and I'll be the
first one to admit that I may be under-qualified for this undertaking, but I
thought I would give it a try anyway - just looking for some advice as to
how to debug this problem.

Mark