[hpsdr] graphic card sdr

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 10:40:01 PDT 2009

I think the idea is that you use the GPU already built-in to the computer

See here for what I think is the best way to do this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenCL

The idea is that you right the algoritm ad the OpenCL system decides
which parts of it would run faster on the GPU or on the CPU.  So if
you upgrade a graphic card, your software will "notice" and take
advantage

If you are writing SDR software Open CL is something to learn.  Apple
developed this but it's crossplatform now.

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 9:38 AM, alex<ajbr at btconnect.com> wrote:

> no the dvi does not allow input to the card, only output, this means that
> making an sdr rx from a graphic card would be virtually impossible without
> modifications to the board. integrating a gpu into an sdr would probably be
> as hard, any suggestions on how difficult it would be.
>
> another point is that if it were possible to modify the card then how would
> you tell the computer that it was and sdr not a graphic card

=====
Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California