[hpsdr] IPhone SDR Application

John Melton John.Melton at Sun.COM
Wed Jul 8 02:33:47 PDT 2009

Richard,

I will try to build ghpsdr on my Mac again and publish the details.

The latest iPhone software allows better access to the accessory socket
which does have stereo line-in.  I have been trying to find an adapter
that would let me connect to this input but so far the only one I have
found is a very expensive stereo microphone.  I am going to try to get a
connector and make my own dock on a softrock receiver to see if I can
get something working.

Based on some software I have that does spectrum analysis of the audio
input I think it should be capable of at least being a fairly reasonable
receiver.

Regards,

-- John g0orx/n6lyt

On 07/08/09 02:07, Richard Stasiak wrote:

> Hi Dave
>
> Yes, I have been following John's work. It is very impressive. I have
> been trying to build the ghpsdr files on my mac, but have not had any
> success yet.
>
> However, I was looking at the IPhone doing the A/D, processing the I and
> Q and outputting the audio from a device such as a softrock. It should
> also be able to work as a tx as well.  There may be some input/output
> issues though. I am not sure how much control there is on I/O selection
> on the IPhone.
>
> 73
>
> Rick ve3mm
>

> On 7-Jul-09, at 7:46 PM, Dave Larsen wrote:
>
>> Richard --
>>
>> If you are not following John Melton's blog website on ghpsdr take a
>> look at what he is been up to.
>>
>> http://javaguifordttsp.blogspot.com/
>>
>> iphone app reading a stream from ghpsdr on his linux box.
>>
>> Dave, KV0S
>>
>> Richard Stasiak wrote:
>>> ***** High Performance Software Defined Radio Discussion List *****
>>>
>>> Hello Everyone;
>>>
>>> I purchased a program for my IPhone to record and output sound
>>> pressure measurements for generator commissioning tests that I do at
>>> work.  The program is pretty capable and even turns the IPhone into a
>>> oscilloscope. The link for this program is: