[hpsdr] Duplex and Full Duplex

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Fri Jul 24 00:37:28 PDT 2009

Hi John,

> 1) I was thinking about the Config bits in C1 but was not thinking
> correctly as they are only for sending the configuration to either or
> both Penelope/Mercury.  We would need something similar for sendig the
> frequency to either or both.

No problem to do this. C0[7:1] forms an address that specifies what the next
4 bytes represent.
At the moment we only use two addresses so we have plently spare.

For example, when C0 = 0000001x  then the next 4 bytes are the NCO frequency
for Mercury & Penny
So we could set C0 = 0000010x then the next 4 bytes could be just for Penny.

> 2) I don't run PowerSDR or Windows ;-)  On my Intel Dual Core 3.4 GHz
> system I do not see any problems running 2 copies of DttSP concurrently.
>  Yes the CPU is up, but is is using much less than the cpu requirement
> for the spectrum/waterfall display. I am not sure that Alex is really
> required when running through transverters.

Alex will not be required for a transverter assuming a 10m IF.

Sorry, my offer only extends to software that runs under Windows ;-)

73's Phil....