[hpsdr] Pandora backplates for Ozy, Mercury, Penelope

Graham / KE9H KE9H at austin.rr.com
Sat Jul 25 15:14:03 PDT 2009

Roger:

I would like you to consider doing one for Excalibur also.
It would be two 0.45 inch holes, for two BNC connectors

Do you have an index point for where the lower right edge
of the PCB falls on the cover plate?  It should be in exactly
the same place for each card, since it is indexed by the
Harting connector.

Are you sure they can cut/stamp metal as thin as you have
on the left edge of your plates.  It seems that you are only
dealing with 0.085 inch or slightly less thickness on the left.
That seems thin for a stamping.  Maybe OK for an NC
cut.

I think you can get by with much narrower slots.  Something
around 0.45 inch for BNC connectors.  0.42 for the "D"
connectors.  No need to go all the way out to the metal
edge of the "D" connectors.

Thanks,
--- Graham / KE9H

==