[hpsdr] KK Beta V1.0.4 Released

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Sat Jul 25 21:50:24 PDT 2009

All,

K.I.S.S. Konsole Beta V1.0.4 is now available via SNV here:

< svn://206.216.146.154/svn/repos_hpsdr_kiss/trunk/Beta Release/V1.0.4 Beta >

In this version -

Bug Fixes

* Substantial reduction in CPU usage  - Thanks to Willi, SM6OHM, for spotting this one

General

* More code refinements and clean-up thanks to the magic fingers of George, K9TRV.

New Feature

*  Squelch Control

There are actually two Squelch options.  The one marked 'Filter' works as a conventional squelch and depends on the average signal level in the filter bandwidth.
The one marked 'Bandscope' works on the maximum signal level across the width of the current bandscope.  This is for folks who like to monitor beacons on say 10m and 6m, you can set the Squelch just above the bandnoise and when any signal is above the Squelch Threshold it will open.

I've also added a way to see, and set, the Squelch Threshold. When either Squelch is selected a dotted orange line appears across the screen. This represents the current Threshold.  At the left end of the line is a small orange box, click on this and you can drag the line vertically to set the Threshold.

I've also been able to approximately compensate for the different noise bandwidths when switching between the Bandscope and Filter options.

The Squelch is still WIP so would appreciate any feedback as to how useful or otherwise the various features are.

As usual, feebback via the reflector please.

73's Phil...VK6APH