[hpsdr] Duplex and Full Duplex

John Melton John.Melton at Sun.COM
Wed Jul 29 11:22:06 PDT 2009

Hi Phil,

On 07/24/09 01:36, Phil Harman wrote:

> Dave, John,
>
> Thanks for your feedback on Duplex and Full Duplex.  Adding  additional
> features to the USB protocol is straightforward and we have plenty of
> spare capacity  for such requirements e.g. multiple receivers within a
> single Mercury board, multiple phase locked Mercury boards.  I'd be
> happy to add this if someone is willing to modify PowerSDR to support it.
>
> 73's Phil...VK6APH

Now that I have the sub-RX working in ghpsdr I would be prepared to
modify it to work with multiple receivers (from a single Mercury as I
only have one) if you wanted to make the changes and have someone to
test it.

It would also be useful to have the changes to send the frequency to
either Penelope or Mercury or Both so we can implement split frequency
full duplex.  The suggested change would not stop existing software from
working (i.e. PowerSDR) ;-)

Regards,

John g0orx/n6lyt