[hpsdr] Help required

Ronald Cox w9kfb1 at mac.com
Thu Jul 30 16:21:52 PDT 2009

Bob and John,
I am using fldigi with PowerSDR on Windows XP, and have been using two
sets of com0com ports to do CAT control and PTT control (uses one set
of virtual serial ports each). Recently I purchased VAC, Virtual Audio
Cables, and found to my amazement that I could unplug the sound card
(in my case a M-audio 1010LT) with about a pound of connectors and EMC
ferrites hanging off it. The cost of the program (under $50 as I
recall) is a real bargain compared to the expensive sound card it
replaced and I got rid of a source of RF pickup and all the solutions
such as RF bypass caps and ferrite clamp-ons the tame down the signals
on the cables.

Ron W9KFB.