[hpsdr] Radio New Zealand International DRM Broadcast in North Carolina

mwolf at speciosus.net mwolf at speciosus.net
Mon Jun 1 22:52:37 PDT 2009

I was able to listen to RNZI's DRM broadcast on 11.675 for about five minutes in North Carolina tonight, 5:00 UTC. I only had a random length of magnet wire and a external preamp connected to Mercury. The SNR was 15.6 dB. The DRM software I'm using needs at least 13.0 dB before the audio can be decoded. Not bad for the east cost of the US. I am amazed at what I have been able to hear with Mercury.

All the boards have the latest firmware and using the May 28 version of PowerSDR.

-Matt, N9MTT