[hpsdr] Vista 64 bit OZY driver problems

Gerald J. Herman gherman at wwnet.net
Thu Jun 4 09:04:04 PDT 2009

I am trying to use OZY with Vista Ultimate 64 bit operating system with an Intel Dual Core processor. I am following directions in the "Quick Startup Guide" using the "64 bit Windows XP and Vista Installation Notes".

Everything seems to go fine creating the HPSDR.inf file. using the "SIXAXIS_libusb-win64.zip file after unzipping it in a temporary directory.

The installation process when I "Update Driver" appears to go well, and I get a message saying that the driver has been successfully installed, but I also get a message saying that "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"

Microsoft's description of "Code 39" states that the cause is:
    A required device driver is missing.
    A required binary file is corrupted.
    There is a problem with the file I/o process.
    A driver that is referencing an entry point in another binary file is unable to load.

Microsoft's recommendation is to uninstall and reinstall the driver. I have uninstalled, downloaded the files again, and reinstalled a number of times.

I would appreciate any help anyone can give me on this topic.

73,

Gerry Herman, KR8W