[hpsdr] Ozy.

Jeff Cook jeffrie at talktalk.net
Thu Jun 4 14:40:04 PDT 2009

Suffix C8N.

After reading Sheldon Hands posting of last night I have carried out
some tests and have found that the only way to operate at the 192000
sample rate is to cluster the boards together in consecutive slots.
I've settled on using No1 for Mercury, No2 for Penelope, and No3 for Ozy.

Connecting a 50 ohm dummy load to Mercury's input socket I find that I
have noise spikes on the following bands:
15 m  -115 dbm
17 m  -114 dbm
12 m  -112 dbm
10 m  -82.4 dbm

What I also noticed was that on the 10 meter band using the drag method
of tuning invoked seemingly randomly spikes at either 2.5, 5, or 10 kHz
spacings.  The amplitude of spikes varies and the figures I've given
above are the maximum for each band.

I wonder if anyone can confirm or otherwise the presence of noise spikes
on earlier firmware loadings.

Jeff Cook G0AFQ.