[hpsdr] audio distortion issue

Mark Amos mark at amos-family.com
Fri Jun 12 16:41:13 PDT 2009

All,

I hear the same distortion issue with the new release.  Very quiet signals
seem to be a little better, but it's hard to tell.

Filter width doesn't seem to matter - even at 25 Hz, the distortion is quite
pronounced - sounds like an early transistor guitar fuzz box - not the warm
fuzzy fuzz of a tube amp. So, that would suggest that the distortion is
happening "after" the filter.

This is new - a CW note at 25 Hz before was very round and sinusoidal.

Mark