[hpsdr] Penny Question

Graham / KE9H KE9H at austin.rr.com
Fri Jun 12 15:18:32 PDT 2009

Robert:

I would recommend purchasing or building a 10 dB pad, and setting the output
of Penny to 0.1 Watts (100 mW) so that the output of the pad would be
the 10 mW you need.  You can build one for three resistors and two
connectors,
or buy one on eBay for about $10.

If you changed the Penny circuitry as you describe below, you would
defeat the
closed loop power control, so you would also have to go into the
software, too.

And 20 mA is the peak output of the data converter.  Divide by
1.4 for the RMS value used for calculating power.  After doing all the
math, the maximum you could get out of the data converter directly is
about 2 mW,
before filter losses.

--- Graham / KE9H

==