[hpsdr] Penelope output.

Chris Smith chris at vspl.co.uk
Sun Jun 14 03:24:39 PDT 2009

Help!

I've just got around to doing some tests with Penny:

With the HPSDR software settings jacked up to 38dB, which I believe
gives maximum output at the antenna socket, with a scope I'm measuring
4V p-p into a 50 ohm dummy load.

Now it's a while since I stirred my one remaining grey cell into
action but I believe this equates to approx 40mW output which is what
the power meter is showing. Any higher settings in the software give
lower output figures. Am I doing something wrong in my calculations or
have I got a problem with Penny or a setting somewhere?

P-P / 2 = 2V     :    2 x 0.707 = 1.414 (V RMS)  :  P = V^2 / R
1.414^2 / 50 = 0.04W    or   40mW

73
Chris
G4NUX