[hpsdr] Saga of not working

Boris Njegic boris.njegic at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 10:09:30 PDT 2009

Richard,
We had problems like this one with QS1R or to be more precise with
inadequate power supply. The problem comes from power supply ability to keep
voltage during init process. As result USB would not enumerate sending
VID/PID as 0, USB stream dropping out causing pops, all to the point where
it would stop responding and dropping audio stream threads. With PowerSDR
and JanusAudio.dll I think USB packet drops also causes processor to go
higher because of wait() function in code.
Most of this would come from inadequate power supply and some of them were
rated 20Amps.
This is only guessing but .....
 :-)

Regards,