[hpsdr] Ozy Problem

n3evl n3evl at townisp.com
Thu Jun 4 15:57:52 PDT 2009

Verified that I have the C8 part on my board.

Seems to be working fine here after the upgrade.  Audio sounds good
with/without preamp, NB etc.

Checked 15, 12, 10 - no objectionable spurs noticed (Even heard some DX
on 12!)  Spurs are certainly much better than my sdr-1000.

CPU is Intel Q6700 Core-2 Quad.  2Gig Ram.

System has been running today for a few hours without any apparent
degradation (RX only) with PowerSDR latest.  Ran it for several hours
yesterday with the KISS Console - also nothing objectionable,

Slots used:

s6: Penny
s4: Mercury
s1: Ozy

Power is via a PC Power supply (haven't got round to building LPU yet).

Cabinet is recycled CPU case with plenty of air flow assisted by a fan.

Atlas is of course the 6-slot, home brewed.

If anything changes, I'll report back but it would appear that at least
this C8 fpga is ok.

Pete, N3EVL