[hpsdr] OT: Possible Malware infection of HRD

Murray Lang murray.lang at westnet.com.au
Sat Jun 6 02:23:19 PDT 2009

Hi Michael,

I didn't believe and I didn't suggest that HRD was the source of the
infection. I also raised the possibility that it was a false positive.
However,  I thought others should be aware of the possibility of an
infection so that they could act according to their level of concern. In
the past Malwarebytes has discovered very nasty Malware on my PC that
other Malware detectors and a reputable virus detector (all fully
updated) have missed. I'm not advertising it. I'm sure that the relative
effectiveness of the various detectors alternates over time.

Thanks for the suggestion about VirusTotal.com. I'll try it next time.

73
Murray - VK6HL