[hpsdr] OZY & new code release

K1rqg at aol.com K1rqg at aol.com
Sun Jun 14 15:46:30 PDT 2009

My observations with latest code:

OZY C8N  D1 is not flashing when software is running.
Receive audio appears to be fine at all three sample rates.
Transmit audio exhibits distortion when viewed on another SDR or a Spectrum
 analyzer
    it is worse at 96000 sample rate, but still visible at  192k and 48k.
You cannot rely on
    "on the air" reports from all stations. It is not always  acknowledge
by most stations
    using analog radio.

OZY C7N  D1 is not flashing when software is running.
Receive audio appears to be fine at all three sample rates.
Transmit audio exhibits distortion when viewed on another SDR or a Spectrum
 analyzer
    it is worse at 96000 sample rate, but still visible at  192k and 48k.
You cannot rely on
    "on the air" reports from all stations. It is not always  acknowledge
by most stations
    using analog radio.

As can be seen from above, in RECEIVE mode, all is well with latest  code
and both C8N & C7N OZY.
I have one of the C8N OZY boards that was a problem with OZY 13 with relay
chatter and distorted
receive audio. OZY 14 fixes the receive issues but has introduced a
transmit issue. Again, listening
to the HPSDR on analog radio does not necessarily exhibit "bad" audio, but
when monitored by
another "reliable" SDR radio (and spectrum analyzer), the waveform tells
all. BTW, I tried two
Penelope boards and two Mercury boards as well.

Has anyone else checked their transmit signal? K5SO & I checked each  other
and were able
to see on the air what I have described above. Reverting back to May 29
code cleared the
transmit problem.

73 de Joe
K1RQG

In a message dated 6/14/2009 2:36:51 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,