[hpsdr] Ozy and the new code release

Steve Bunch steveb_75 at ameritech.net
Sun Jun 14 17:07:56 PDT 2009

(Already reported to Kirk, re-sent to the list, in case others want to
look for this same symptom.  You may not notice this unless you're
listening to static while watching D1 :-).

D1 is usually off, but I see a code 0000 flashed immediately after a
gap in the audio and a corresponding waterfall smear when watching
background noise on 10M. It is sometimes minutes between occurrences
of this sequence, sometimes they're back to back within seconds of
each other.  It also flashes code 0000 occasionally when listening to
contest traffic on 6m, but the small gap in sound is not usually
noticeable then - I would have missed it if I wasn't watching D1.
This brief audio gap is exactly what I've been hearing with all past
releases.  It looks like you're homing in on it!

My Ozy uses a C8.  Ozy, Mercury, Penelope, in J1, J2, J3,
respectively.  Running latest releases of everything.  PowerSDR tuned
to 10M, 192K/1024 audio sampling.  I have never had the serious
problems others have reported.  I have not noticed any distortion of
received audio under any conditions I've tried with the latest
firmware and software.  Have not transmitted since updating Penny, so
I have no data to provide on transmitted audio quality.

73,
Steve, K9SRB