[hpsdr] OZY & new code release

Riho B., ES7AAZ es7aaz at hot.ee
Mon Jun 15 04:04:15 PDT 2009

Hi,

D1 is NOT flashing if OZY(C8) operating.
Penelope - J1, OZY - J4, Mercury - J6, all boards have the latest firmware.

There is a distortion in RX and TX(can be heard through MON)with OZY v1.4.

Maybe it's not a distortion, but audio and even band noise sounds really weird
especially through headphones with v.1.4. It's not so huge through PC loudspeakers
There is like a strange distorted high frequency component in there.

Listen those samples, please. I was using latest (10Jun2009) PowerSDR in both cases,
just changed OZY code only. Turn volume almost max. if PC loudspeakers are
in use to see the difference:

20m band noise, first 5 sec distorted(v1.4), last 5 sec normal(v1.3):
http://tentra.planet.ee/20m_noise.mp3

80m SSB audio sample, first 10 sec distorted(v1.4), next 15 sec normal(v1.3),
last 7 sec distorted(v1.4) again:
http://tentra.planet.ee/audio_sample.mp3

Thank you for your hard work !!!

With best regards,