[hpsdr] programming Penny

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Tue Mar 10 16:06:08 PDT 2009

Now having read the instructions, I am reminded that I need the JIC and CDF
files for Penny.

When I run the batch file, the first part, invoving OZY runs as with Mercury
then I get an error message - here is the text from Quartus

Info: Command: quartus_pgm -c USB-Blaster Penelope_V1.1.cdf
Info: Using programming cable "USB-Blaster [USB-0]"
Info: Started Programmer operation at Tue Mar 10 22:53:15 2009
Info: Configuring device index 1
Info: Device 1 contains JTAG ID code 0x020B20DD
Info: Configuration succeeded -- 1 device(s) configured
Error: Flash Loader IP not loaded on device 1
Error: Operation failed
Info: Ended Programmer operation at Tue Mar 10 22:53:18 2009
Error: Quartus II Programmer was unsuccessful. 2 errors, 0 warnings
    Error: Peak virtual memory: 55 megabytes
    Error: Processing ended: Tue Mar 10 22:53:18 2009
    Error: Elapsed time: 00:00:04
    Error: Total CPU time (on all processors): 00:00:01
Press any key to continue . . .

Any help please?  Sounds like the Penny board is not "talking"?
NOTE: I have not put jumpers on any of the configuration headers other than
the JTAG

Thanks

Ken
KE2N