[hpsdr] Problems with Ozi. (Willi Reppel)

Gerd Loch g.loch at nt-electronics.de
Fri Mar 13 06:52:53 PDT 2009

Hi Willi,

I suppose that the transistor 2N7002 which switches PTT is defect.
You can easily measure at B,E,C. if you measure a low resistance between the
pins and no difference which polarisation you choose then you have to
exchange it. (Right bottom corner of the board).

73, Gerd
DJ8AY

Hej all,
I have two Ozi boards and one of them does not perform as intended. When
starting up HPSDR it always goes immediately into transmit mode while the
other Ozi work normal and never starts in transmit mode. Has anybody an idea
what may cause this problem? Otherwise I am very pleased with my HPSDR rig
consisting of Atlas, Ozi, Penny and Mercury, connected to a PA module for an
Icom 750  which a dealer here in Sweden had in stock as spare part. The Icom
module?s bandpass filters and PTT are interfaced to and controlled by
Penny?s seven open collector outputs.

vy 73
SM6OMH  Willi