[hpsdr] Problems with Ozi. (Willi Reppel)

Willi Reppel wi.re at telia.com
Fri Mar 13 07:51:22 PDT 2009

Hi Bill and Gerd,

Thanks for your replies. In the meanwhile I came myself to the conclusion
that something is wrong with the keyer´s  input. Ozi functions correctly in
receive mode when the jambic keyer is not connected to Ozi´s DB9 contact.
However,  Ozi autostarts by itself to send a continuous series of dots 10-20
seconds after I connect the jambic keyer to Ozi. It even continues to send
dots for some seconds after disconnecting the keyer.
I hesitate to put questions forward here on the reflector because in most
cases it turns out that the answers are buried somewhere in the manuals or
previous discussions.
I am glad to hear that this problem is caused by a faulty MOS transistor and
not by my shortcomings.

vy 73 de
SM6OMH  Willi