[hpsdr] [Fwd: Mercury on Linux]

John Melton John.Melton at Sun.COM
Wed Mar 4 00:53:29 PST 2009

I am doing all the development on Ubuntu 8.10 and I am sure that Roger
is running on Ubuntu.

You do not need to run any of it as root.  The only problem is getting
the permissions set so that a non root user can access the usb interface
for ozy.  I put a file in /etc/udev/rules.d called 90-ozy.rules with the
following line in it:

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb",ATTRS{idVendor}=="fffe",ATTRS{idProduct}=="0007",SYMLINK+="ozy",MODE="666"

Whenever Ozy is powered on and plugged in it will create /dev/ozy with
read/write permissions for anyone.

Regards,

John g0orx/n6lyt