[hpsdr] Pandora question

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Wed Mar 4 10:38:03 PST 2009

Sorry, Alexander, but we don't have those details finalized yet as we
are just now bending sheet metal for the first (factory-produced)
prototypes.  We're looking at some sort of adhesive-backed foam strip,
but the thickness will depend on the actual fit once we get things put
together.

Foam is really the only option as a metal retaining bracket (which was
our first thought) would result in shorts or mechanical interference;
several of the boards do not have enough component top clearance for
that.  Even a plastic bracket would have mechanical clearance problems,
along with probably being prohibitively expensive to fabricate for our
small volume.

John
----