[hpsdr] PennyMerge I/Q REcording

Joachim DL7JP dl7jp at gmx.net
Thu Mar 5 09:21:03 PST 2009

Dear all,

here's an update on my problem with I/Q recording:

- I updated today to the most recent version (PowerSDR 2025,
  Ozy 12, Merc 26, Pen 11); I had to run  usbblaster.bat
  each time I power cycled Ozy, otherwise the update script
  would complain abt lacking cable (the Altera USB Blaster
  device is gone after switching the boards off...).

- This configuration has on my PC some problems with audio
  "pops" at  19200 Sample rate and 2048 Buffer size: every
  few seconds an audio drop out - both TX and RX). It works
  OK with 1024 buffer size or at 9600/2048.
  PC is Intel Core 2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13 GHz, 2 GB RAM, Win XP.

- Recording is still distorted at 19200: slightly too fast in
  playback and popping noise; it works OK at 9600 sample rate.

Since it works for Stijn PE1RKS, I am wondering what could be
wrong in my setup ... any ideas?

tnx es 73, Joachim.