[hpsdr] PennyMerge I/Q REcording

S. Nestra pe1rks at xs4all.nl
Thu Mar 5 14:49:46 PST 2009

Hi Joachim and group,

I only did a quick test of the recording and this was with a Mercury
sampling speed of 96000 (192000 is still not working for me, a lot of
distorsion and pops with any buffer size). And a recording sampling
speed of 48000.
In the past I couldn't record at any speed, the audio was always too
fast and had distorsion.
BTW, setup is a HP laptop with Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T8100, 2.10
GHz and 4GB

Sincerely,

Stijn

Joachim DL7JP schreef:

> Dear all,
>
> here's an update on my problem with I/Q recording:
>
> - I updated today to the most recent version (PowerSDR 2025,
>   Ozy 12, Merc 26, Pen 11); I had to run  usbblaster.bat
>   each time I power cycled Ozy, otherwise the update script
>   would complain abt lacking cable (the Altera USB Blaster
>   device is gone after switching the boards off...).
>
> - This configuration has on my PC some problems with audio
>   "pops" at  19200 Sample rate and 2048 Buffer size: every
>   few seconds an audio drop out - both TX and RX). It works
>   OK with 1024 buffer size or at 9600/2048.
>   PC is Intel Core 2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13 GHz, 2 GB RAM, Win XP.
>
> - Recording is still distorted at 19200: slightly too fast in
>   playback and popping noise; it works OK at 9600 sample rate.
>
> Since it works for Stijn PE1RKS, I am wondering what could be
> wrong in my setup ... any ideas?
>

> tnx es 73, Joachim.

Real radios have motors.